To ensure you get strong letters of recommendation, follow these simple dos and don’ts.
The ICVS/3B’s at the University of Minho in collaboration with the European Institute of Excellence on Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine (EXPERTISSUE EEIG), created the PhD program on Advanced Therapies for Health, PATH (http://path.3bs.uminho.pt). This Program was selected for Funding under the scope of the call from the Portuguese Science Foundation IP, and Ministry of Technology and Higher Education (FCT / MCTES), and the European Social Fund through the Operational Programme Human Capital (HC OP) which finances 5 scholarships per year to be awarded to selected candidates.
Advanced therapy medicinal products are new medical products based on genes (gene therapy), cells (cell therapy) and tissues (tissue engineering), eventually combined with Nanotechnology. These advanced therapies promise a new era of revolutionary treatments of a number of diseases or injuries, either congenital, degenerative or infectious, from several organic systems, such as musculoskeletal diseases, burns, central & peripheral nervous system, cardiovascular, hematological or immunological.
The highly internationalized PATH PhD program, coordinated by the ICVS/3B’s Associate Laboratory, University of Minho, in collaboration with the Institute of Excellence on Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine (EXPERTISSUES European Economic Interest Group) aims at providing training of excellence to young hybrid researchers in interdisciplinary fields covering from basic cell biology research including stem cells, biomaterials, tissue engineering, biocompatibility and nanomedicine to medical translation using advanced therapies and minimally invasive surgery.
The PATH Doctoral Program aims at attracting both national and international students with excellent academic and/or professional records, namely previous research experience. More detailed information about this Doctoral Program can be obtained by following this link: http://path.3bs.uminho.pt.
Under the scope of the present call for application, the Program Directive Committee is responsible for the selection of the candidates that will be awarded with the FCT scholarships, being the respective contracts signed directly with the FCT. As such, and in the terms of the Estatuto do Bolseiro de Investigação Científica, approved by law nº 40/2004 of August 18, in its current form, and of the Regulamento de Bolsas da Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, The Directive Commission opens the call for selection of candidates to be awarded with the individual scholarships.
- PhD STUDENTSHIPS (BD): 4 The applicant must fulfill the requirements described in the n.º 1 of Article 30.º from Law nº 74/2006, of March 24, changed by Law nº 107/2008, of June 25, and 230/2009, of September 14. The scholarship is annual, eventually renewed until a maximal of 4 years, and it cannot be awarded for periods shorter than 6 consecutive months.
- PROFILE OF THE CANDIDATE: Candidates to the PATH Doctoral Program should preferentially hold an MSc degree on Biomedical Engineering, Biological Engineering, Materials Engineering, Biology, Pharmacy, Biochemistry, Veterinary Sciences, Medicine or related/equivalent areas.
Candidates that can apply to the present call:
National’s citizens or nationals of other member states of the European Union;
Citizens of third countries, residence permit holders or beneficiaries of long-term resident status as provided for in Law 23/2007, of July 4, amended by Law No. 29/2012, of August 9;
Not eligible citizens who have already benefited, for the same purpose scholarships of the same type of placed now in competition, if they have been directly funded by FCT.
- PERIOD OF APPLICATION: The applications should be submitted between 24th of April and 31st of May 2018.
- DOCUMENTS: The full application must include the following documents to the email email@example.com .
- SELECTION METHODS: The evaluation of the applications is based on Academic Qualifications and Interview. The evaluation criteria for each method is as follows:
A good standard in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills is required, being the candidates interviewed in English either in person or by video conference.
The candidates will be classified using a scale of 1 to 20 for each criterion. Only candidates classified with a score over 15 in the Curriculum Evaluation will be admitted to the Interview.
Interviews will be conducted by a Selection Committee constituted by the Directive Board of the PATH doctoral program. The interviews will take place at 3B’s Research Group in June 2018.
- NOTIFICATION OF RESULTS: The final evaluation will be published through the list ordered according to final score. It will be posted in a public location of the 3B´s Research Group and of the ICVS, the successful candidates will be notified by e-mail with the respective minute.
In case the decision is not positive to the award of the required scholarship, the candidates have 10 working days deadline after release of the results, to pronounce against the results according to the terms determined by the Portuguese Administrative Procedure Code. After the final decision is publicized, an appeal can be addressed to the FCT, within 15 working days deadline after the respective notification.Continue reading