Last application date Aug 31, 2018 12:00
Contract Limited duration
Degree Master degree in one of the following: Mathematics, Physics, Electrical / Electronics / Mechanical / Chemical Engineering.
Occupancy rate 100%
Vacancy Type Research staff
- Full-Time PhD Position – Ghent University Global Campus
- Department: Department of Environmental Technology, Food Technology and Molecular Biotechnology (KR01)
- Degree: Master degree in one of the following: Mathematics, Physics, Electrical / Electronics / Mechanical / Chemical Engineering.
- Contract: 1-year contract, renewable (max. 4 years)
- Occupancy rate: 100%
- Vacancy Type: Assistant Academic Staff
Last application date: August 31, 2018 12:00 (Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately as the position will be filled upon findingthe right candidate) - Starting date: October 1, 2018 (negotiable)
- Assist his/her supervisors in teaching undergraduate courses at Ghent University Global Campus, Korea (physics, mathematics).
- Conduct research in the interdisciplinary field of mathematical biology with particular focus on stability analysis of biochemical reaction networks.
- Assist his/her supervisors with tasks in ongoing and future R&D projects.
Profile of the candidate
- Hold or expect to hold by September 2018, a master degree in one of the following disciplines: (Applied) Mathematics, Physics, Mechanical / Electrical / Electronic / Chemical Engineering. Exceptional candidates from other engineering/science backgrounds will also be considered.
- Should have had a rigorous undergraduate training in mathematics and physics and in general a strong background in mathematics and physics.
- Be highly motivated to conduct research in the area of applied mathematics, specifically in the area of mathematical biology/chemistry.
- Have an excellent academic track record, an excellent command of English and good academic writing and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of biology or chemistry at undergraduate level is preferable although not mandatory.
How to apply
- Motivation letter
- Full resume(CV),including at least 2 references
- Copy of the Bachelors and Masters degree certificates
- Transcripts (overview of study results)
All required documents must be submitted in English. The documents must be merged into a single PDF file and sent to GUGC_HR@ghent.ac.kr (subject line: Full-time PhD Position in Mathematical Biology). The candidate will receive an e-mail confirming receipt of the application.
Application Process and Interview
- Interviews will take place in stages from the first available time, possibly via Skype
- Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately as the position will be filled upon finding the right candidate
We reserve the right to hold applications on file for potential future job openings.
For submission of your file and any inquiries, please contact us via email: GUGC_HR@ghent.ac.kr