Last application date Jul 24, 2018 13:00
Department FW03 - Department of Bio-analysis
Contract Limited duration
Degree master diploma
Occupancy rate 100%
Vacancy Type Research staff
• Are you in your PhD study and would like to do a 6-months internship in Ghent University? Or do you have a Master Diploma and would like to have your first laboratory experience (6 months) in Ghent University?
• Do you have a background in (bio)chemistry, polymer chemistry, chemical modeling, or applied chemical engineering?
• Are you interested in working in a high profile research group?
• Do you want to be involved in a European 'Horizon 2020' project (http://micromole.eu/) ?
If you answered "YES" to all of the above placed questions, you are eligible to apply for exciting research focused on the development of a novel electrochemical biosensor for tracing amphetamine-type stimulants. The Centre of Excellence in Mycotoxicology and Public Health at Ghent University invites applications for a highly motivated candidate to participate in the multidisciplinary research in the fields of biosensors and molecularly imprinted polymers. This position for a period of 6 months at the Ghent University in the framework of the European Horizon 2020 project is available starting from September 1st, 2018. This project covers fabrication and characterization of molecularly imprinted polymers towards amphetamine-type stimulants, followed by their deployment as recognition elements in real-world biosensing applications. The program is conducted in English. The position must be filled as soon as possible.
• Innovative and state-of-the-art equipment and laboratory environment
• Highly attractive training opportunities for scientific and personal development
• Ghent is a wonderful and safe student city, with a rich history, flourishing student life, and many social and cultural activities.
• Master degree in (bio)chemistry, applied chemical engineering, or the field of life sciences
• Highly motivated and team-oriented
• Passion for multidisciplinary research
• Strong research background in polymer chemistry and/or (bio)engineering, demonstrable with A1 publication history, conference participations, or reflected in Master thesis/PhD work.
• High proficiency in spoken and written English
We look forward to receiving your application! Please submit documents (ensure inclusion of: your CV, academic transcripts, list of publications, and two references or letters of recommendations) by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org Dr. Natalia Beloglazova Postdoctoral researcher T +32 9 264 81 27 Fax +32 9 264 81 99 Department of Bioanalysis Centre of Excellence in Mycotoxicology and Public Health Ghent UniversityContinue reading