At the University of Groningen, we believe diversity is key to success. To promote the advancement of talented female researchers at the highest level of the institution we have initiated the prestigious Rosalind Franklin program. The program is aimed at women in industry, academia or research institutes who aspire to become a Full Professor in a European top research university. Since 2002 we have welcomed over 100 Rosalind Franklin Fellows, many of whom by now have reached the rank of Full Professor.
Under European jurisdiction it is lawful to specifically recruit underrepresented groups.
You will establish an independent research programme in collaboration with colleagues at our University and elsewhere. You will participate in and contribute to the development of the teaching programme of your discipline.
We have 3 tenure track positions available and we invite ambitious female academics to apply for these positions. Do you want to join our open academic community?
Please note, concerning the 3 positions in the Faculty of Arts: application is open to female academics working in a discipline represented in the Faculty of Arts. However, in accordance with the strategic goals and the profile of the Faculty, expertise and experience in teaching and research in fields of Arts & Cognition, History, and Linguistics are especially welcome.
More information about the fields of expertises:
1. Arts & Cognition: cognitive semiotics and/or aesthetics (e.g. cognitive narratology, arts and cognitive evolution, arts and emotion), with a solid background in at least one arts discipline (film, music, literature, theater, or visual arts). We search for a candidate who is also able and willing to take a broader perspective on the cognitive functioning of the arts. Entry level: associate professor.
2. History: economic and social history, with a profile in global environmental history and global social inequalities. We search for a candidate who specializes in the history of Inequalities, and the relations between Health, Food and Reproductive Regimes in a Comparative Perspective since 1750. Entry level: associate professor.
3. Linguistics: sociolinguistics of minorities and multilingualism, taking linguistic variation and change in the north of the Netherlands into account. We search for a candidate who has an affinity with citizen science and has experience with valorisation projects for the humanities. Entry level: associate professor.
We encourage you to apply if you have:
In accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities we offer you:
During the first three years of the RFF tenure track position your appointment is divided into 40% teaching and 60% research. In the following two years the ratio is 50/50%.
We acknowledge that talented prospective staff often have talented spouses or partners who also wish to further their Careers therefore we offer Dual-Career Support https://www.rug.nl/(...)dual-career-support/.
For more information about our Tenure Track career path please see following brochure: https://www.rug.nl/(...)cymemorandum2017.pdf
You may apply for this position until 2 June 11.59 pm / before 3 June 2019 (CEST) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
We invite you to submit a complete application including:
1. a full curriculum vitae including a complete list of publications (CV attachment)
2. a letter of motivation (Letter of motivation attachment)
3. a 3-5 page statement of your research accomplishments and future research goals (Extra attachment)
4. a list of five selected ‘best papers’ (preferably including copies) (Extra attachment 2)
5. the names and contact information (including email address) of three referees (Extra attachment 3).
The interviews for the 3 available Rosalind Franklin Fellowships will be held in September 2019.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For information you can contact:
Please do not use the e-mail address(es) above for applications.Continue reading
|Title||Rosalind Franklin Tenure Track Professorship Faculty of Arts (3.0 FTE)|
|Employer||University of Groningen|
|Job location||Broerstraat 5, 9712 CP Groningen|
|Published||May 10, 2019|
|Application deadline||June 2, 2019|
|Job types||Professor,   Assistant / Associate Professor,   Tenure Track  |
|Fields||Aesthetics,   Fine Arts,   Economic History,   Film Studies,   Performing Arts,   Visual Arts,   Music,   Arts Administration,   Cultural History,    and 2 more. History of Art,   Arts Education  |